It may seem like mold could never be an issue for your home, but it is surprising how easily it can grow. Unchecked moisture can result in mold developing in your home in less than two days. In some cases, mold can get a serious foothold in just 24 hours. Worse, mold can grow undetected at first, meaning you will not even notice it until it is already established.
What can you do, if mold can grow quickly and invisibly? Remember that the first sign of mold is usually the smell. Always investigate further if you notice a “musty” or “mildew” smell. More importantly, be aware of any excessive moisture that is on the structure of your house. It can be difficult to control mold, but it is easier to control the moisture in your home.